For many years, the Rodnichok F1 cucumber has been one of the most sought-after hybrids, despite the appearance of new species. It was obtained by Moldovan scientists. The main distinctive features of the hybrid are high yields and unpretentiousness in cultivation.
History of cucumber selection Rodnichok
The author of the Cucumber Spring F1 is A. A. Mashkov. Cucumbers were bred in the Moldavian city of Tiraspol. In 1974, an application was submitted for entry into the state register of Russia, but only in 1979 a hybrid was entered into it. Due to the qualitative characteristics of this hybrid is very popular in Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Poland and many other countries.
Cucumber Rodnichok refers to the early ripening species
Today, this hybrid is used to create new species and just to grow on an industrial scale and in small private areas. It is suitable for cultivation in warm regions of Russia, as well as in the middle and even northern regions.
Description of the cucumber variety RodnichokRead also these articles.
- Chicken hen (Kvochka)
- How to get rid of ants
- Duck Agidel
- Gooseberry Variety
Cucumber Rodnichok refers to the early ripening species. From the beginning of germination to fruiting, it takes an average of 50-55 days. Suitable for growing outdoors or in film greenhouses. Home lash grows up to 3 meters, at the same time, the bush usually does not give more than 5 lashes. Lateral branches are always short, underdeveloped. Ovaries tuft type. The root system is underdeveloped, as with most varieties and hybrids of cucumbers.
Ovaries tuft typeImportant! When growing cucumbers Rodnitok F1 for sale, it is necessary to plant them in the greenhouse. Because in greenhouse yields are always higher.
Fruits have a light green color with white stripes. Zelentsy grow in the form of a cylinder, a length of 8-10 cm, with large, rare mounds and black spikes. The average weight of cucumbers 90-110 g. Taste without bitterness, pleasant, with sweetness. The flesh is juicy, the skin is dense, but not hard. Seeds are small, almost not felt.
Characteristics of cucumbers Rodnik F1
Rodnichok cucumbers are distinguished by a mass of positive qualities. All of the positive aspects of the hybrid, as well as some of the disadvantages are described in the specifications below.
- Cucumbers bee-pollinated.
- The plant has strong immunity to a number of diseases, including powdery mildew.
- Hybrid transportability is good.
- Zelentsy have commercial quality.
- The yield per square meter in open ground - 5-7 kg of cucumbers. When grown in a greenhouse, yield can reach 17-25 kg / square.
- Fruiting stretched. The first greenhouses are harvested around late June or early July.
- Harvest use is universal. Harvest well kept.
- Since this is a hybrid of the first generation, it is impossible to get seeds from harvested greens - they will not have the qualities of a hybrid Rodnichok.
Features of growing seedlingsWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Rabbit Breed Butterfly
- Durum Wheat
- How to feed the eggplant?
- Grade of blackcurrant Gross
Growing cucumbers Springs can be carried out by seedlings and seedless methods. Seedlings harvested in order to get a harvest 2 weeks earlier. Typically, this method is used in the northern regions. If cucumbers are grown in the south, then you can sow seeds directly into the ground, to a permanent place.Important! If the purchased seeds are covered with a bright shell, then they should not be processed before planting. Even a simple soaking in this case will hurt!
Capacities for seedlings are taken not less than 0.5 liters. And since these cucumbers do not spar, it is worth choosing paper or peat cups. If the seeds are not processed, they should be soaked in warm water (+55 degrees Celsius) for 20 minutes before sowing. So that they sprout faster, you can add "Epin" to the water.
To make them grow faster, you can add "Epin" to the water.
Sowing cucumbers variety Rodnitok F1 on seedlings is carried out to a depth of 1 cm. 2-3 seeds are planted in one container. After sowing, the cups are covered with foil and kept at a temperature of + 25 ... +28 degrees Celsius. Every day they need to be ventilated and sometimes sprayed with water. Seeds germinate in about 2-4 days. After the appearance of sprouts, the film is removed, and so that the seedlings do not stretch, they keep it at a temperature of +15 ... +17 degrees and good lighting.
After the appearance of 2 leaves, it is necessary to feed the seedlings with complex fertilizer. In this case, you need to leave only 1 plant in each pot, and remove all the others. When the seedlings turn 20-25 days, it can be transplanted to a permanent place. Usually this time falls on the period from May 15 to June 5. If planting is carried out in a greenhouse, then this can be done earlier - May 10-20.Important! Overgrown seedlings do not survive well after transplanting to a permanent place, so you can’t delay with this.
Growing by seedless method
Plot for sowing cucumber seeds Springs is prepared in 2 weeks
Plot for sowing seeds of cucumbers Rodnichok is prepared for 2 weeks. 20 g of nitrogenous substances, 15 g of potassium and 35 g of phosphorus are added to the ground, per square of planting, after which you need to dig a lot. If the earth is acidic, then lime or dolomite flour must be added to it.
Holes for planting do a diameter of 30 cm and at a distance of 15 cm from each other. Each well is watered well with warm water and sown 2-3 seeds per well. After that, you need to sprinkle the seeds with 1 cm.
Rules for the care of cucumbers Rodnichok
Cucumber Fontanel F1 needs proper cultivation. If you plant it incorrectly or do not provide good conditions for development, the yield will be low.
Watering is done frequently, but not abundantly.
- Watering is often, but not abundant. We can not allow the land to swamp, otherwise rot may appear. The water used is exceptionally warm.
- Every 1-2 weeks you should feed the cucumbers either with organic or mineral fertilizers.
- In case of strong heat it is worth making shelters for bushes, otherwise the leaves will dry.
- Land under the bushes need to weed sometimes, remove weeds.
- Spring F1 is resistant to false and powdery mildew and many other diseases. And yet, for prophylaxis, seedlings should be sprayed at least once a year (in spring), with complex fungicides (Rodomil Gold, Thanos, Topaz).
- Insecticide bushes are treated for aphids, which can affect the bushes in the open field. If the pest is available in small quantities or has not yet appeared, for prevention, you can treat the plants with soapy water or simply sprinkle with wood ash.
It is necessary to weed the ground under the bushes from weeds or use agrofibre
Harvest can be consumed fresh or used for canning, salting. In addition, freshly picked cucumbers can be stored in the refrigerator for a long time.
Reviews on a variety of cucumbers Springtock F1
Opinions of gardeners about cucumbers Rodnichok F1 are presented below.
- Yana Komarova: “I like Rodnichok cucumbers very much. It’s the most affordable and unpretentious hybrid, which is why I chose it. At the same time, it gives a lot of harvest. There are enough cucumbers for food and winter preparations. I love. In salting, they show themselves well. So I recommend. "
- Inna Kolos: “I grow these cucumbers for food only. They are incredibly tasty, for summer salads - what you need. My daughters love them very much and eat with joy. All the extra crop, which does not have time to be eaten, is allowed for canning. I grow this hybrid in the film greenhouse on the trellis. Cucumbers Rodnichok grow well, quickly, there are many flowers, the main thing is to tinker a little with pollination (the variety needs pollination) and there will be a lot of harvest. "
- Leonid Baranov: “I grow a spring of F1 every year. There are about 3 ovaries in a node, and since the lashes are long, there is a lot of harvest from one bush. Cucumbers grow flat, not deformed, the taste is rich, bright with a pronounced aroma. I heard that they they can get sick, but I haven’t had this experience. I think the main thing is to observe crop rotation and care for the bushes (prophylactic treatment for pests, diseases, weeding, timely watering), then there will be no problems. "