Giovanni grapes are a table variety for the backyard. It was bred by an amateur breeder and is a very valuable variety of grapes. The taste, beauty of berries, clusters, it is not inferior to many well-known varieties, besides, the cultivation of this grape does not cause difficulties even among novice gardeners.
Description of the variety Giovanni
Giovanni grapes were bred by crossing Delight Red and F4 grapes. Is the result of amateur selection V. U. Kapelyushnogo. Grapes varieties Giovanni refers to table species. It has an early maturity. Ripening berries occurs on average for 100-105 days. The bush is vigorous, strong vine. The cuttings root well, combined with rootstocks without problems. In this case, the best stock is Kober. The leaves are very beautiful, carved. Flowers bisexual.
The grapes of Giovanni is the result of amateur breeding V. V. Kapelyushnogo
The clusters are moderately dense, growing in weight of 400-1000 g. Berries of 10-12 g, nipple-shaped. The skin is durable, but eaten. The color of the peel is dark cherry, with a purple tint. The pulp is dense, fleshy, with an abundance of juice and 2-3 seeds. The taste is harmonious with notes of nutmeg, when biting, you can hear the crunch of berries.Interestingly! Giovanni grapes in winegrowers causes a lot of controversy. The size of berries, clusters, ripening in different cases may vary. Real Giovanni grapes on sale are quite difficult.
Flowers of grape Giovanni bisexual
Characteristics of the grape GiovanniRead also these articles.
- Black spunbond
- Bordeaux mixture
- The best varieties of black currant
- Fittonia flower
Characteristics of a variety have a number of positive and negative sides.
- Bushes grow powerful, strong.
- In the second year of growth, the graft can give the first crop.
- Berry can peas, but usually it is observed only when improperly grown.
- There is immunity to mildew, gray rot, oidium.
- From rains and high humidity berries do not crack, do not rot.
- Commercial quality is high. Clusters and berries tolerate transportation over long distances.
- The bush is resistant to frost down to -24 degrees.
Berries for 10-12 g
- Productivity can be low or high - depends on the type of soil, climate, care.
- The harvest is well kept after harvest.
Growing grapes Giovanni usually does not cause serious problems. But in order for a culture to fully develop and produce large yields, it is necessary to carry out a proper planting and then not forget to care for the bush.
The pit for planting seedlings is done in 2 weeks. Planting soil should include garden soil, humus, wood ash, some peat for looseness, as well as mineral fertilizers (Superphosphate and Potassium Sulphate).Interesting! The Giovanni grape grows best in a temperate continental climate.
You can plant grapes Giovanni in spring or autumn
Saplings before planting get rid of excess leaves and stems, so that the plant after planting can put all its forces on the development of the root system, and not the ground part. Then the cutting is cut on 8 eyes, the roots are dipped in a mixture of clay. And only after that landing.
You can plant Giovanni grapes in spring or autumn. In the case of autumn planting, it is worth covering the seedlings to prevent freezing from early frosts. If the planting is carried out in the spring, the bushes may need to be sheltered from returnable frost (with an early, spring planting). And when the temperature begins to rise strongly, towards the middle of summer, it will be necessary to darken the seedlings from the scorching sun.
Caring for grapes varieties GiovanniWe recommend reading our other articles.
- What to feed a cow?
- Rabbit Ear Tick - Signs and Treatment
- Radish Duro
- Breed Barbezie
Regular care for grapes allows you to increase the yield and quality of berries.
Pulp is dense, fleshy, with an abundance of juice and 2-3 bones
- Watering is necessary enhanced throughout the growing season. But a month before harvesting, watering is reduced, and 2 weeks before harvesting, it is stopped completely, so that the berries ripen and accumulate sugar.
- Loosening the soil in the root zone is carried out several times a week - the earth should not be crusted. During weeding the plot, it is necessary to remove the weeds.
- To facilitate the work, it is possible to mulch the root zone. This will reduce the amount of weeds and reduce water consumption. As mulch, you can take the straw.
- Trimming is done on 6-8 eyes. On the bush, in general, there should be about 35 eyes. If pruning is not carried out, the harvest may be reduced.
- It is very important to pick off stepchildren who appear from time to time on grapes. They can make a bush more magnificent, more beautiful, but there’s no use for them. If you do not break off the stepsons, the bush will spend on them forces, and may begin to suffer from nutritional deficiencies.
- The bush requires shelter for the winter. Pristvolnuyu zone must be filled with mulch. Moreover, if the bush is small, the ground part can also be covered with insulating material.
Diseases and pests of grapes
Treatment against diseases is needed every year. Mainly necessary treatment of diseases such as anthracosis, bacteriosis, chlorosis, bacterial cancer, rubella. To do this, you can use blue vitriol or special fungicides "Skor", "Topaz", "Acrobat", "Paracelsus" or others. In addition, it is necessary to handle bushes and pests such as aphids. For this purpose, specialized insecticides are used.
To facilitate the work, you can simulate root zone
Birds love these grapes and eat as the berries ripen. To protect the clusters, a solid mesh is installed around the bushes. It can block access to the clusters and protect the berries. As for wasps, in some cases they spoil the clusters, and sometimes they don’t touch the bushes at all. So if you wish, you can simply hide the clusters in special nets.
Harvesting and processing
At the end of July, the first grapes of Giovanni ripen. Harvest as the crop ripens. But if you wait a bit and do not rush to harvest, the berries will have time to fill up with sugar and will be much sweeter.Interesting! Berries can be stored for a long time on the bushes after full ripening, without losing the shape and taste. But if you overdo them on the branches, they begin to dry out gradually and become raisins.
If ripe overexposed clusters on the branches, they begin to dry out gradually and become raisins.
You can use the harvest for fresh consumption, processing (juice, fruit juice, jam, raisins). Berries have a pleasant taste in desserts. For wine, this variety is rarely used, because it is fresh and tasty, but if desired, it can make a very good red wine.
Reviews of grapes varieties Giovanni
Opinion gardeners and gardeners on the variety of Giovanni presented below.
- Timur Gubsky: "Giovanni is an interesting grape variety, but it is difficult to find a real bush, due to the fact that there are a lot of mixed species for sale. There are 3 Giovanni bushes growing on my site. They are very expensive and I try to look as good as possible. they don’t suffer from wasps, but they’re really bad for birds when the berries are sweet. I use the crop for food, the sales are always in high demand for beautiful grapes. "
- Dmitry Avarov: “Giovanni’s grapes were grown before, but to be honest, I didn’t get much joy from him. The taste of the berries is pleasant, the ripening is early, which is also good. So there was nothing left from the beauty of the clusters to the moment when they could be plucked. They turned into a sort of grape with several miraculously preserved bubs. Because of this, this grape had to be replaced with a more worthy analogue. "
- Anna Rachkova: “Among many grape varieties with beautiful, large berries, I prefer it to Giovanni. It is sweet, juicy, the skin is not hard. In growing problems only with birds and wasps sometimes arise. I install scarecrows, but they do not always help. Otherwise there are no problems - a variety worthy of attention of winegrowers and for sale, and good for food! ".