It is difficult to choose a good, early grade apricots. There is a lot of species, but all of them, as a rule, have a lot of flaws. If the gardener needs a self-pollinating, high-yielding variety of universal purpose suitable for transportation, you should pay attention to Alesha apricot. This article is devoted to the characteristics of the variety and the characteristics of its cultivation.
Apricot Alesha was bred in 1988. In 2004, it was entered in the State Register and recommended for cultivation in the Central region of Russia. A variety of early ripening. The tree grows to about 4 meters tall. Crohn rounded, with sprawling pagonami, quite thick. Annual shoots branched. The leaves are green, typical forms. Flowering is always abundant. The flowers are large, about 4 cm in diameter with pink veins.
The flowers are large, about 4 cm in diameter
Apricots grow weighing 15-20 g, slightly flattened, rounded. The peel is pubescent, but not strong, bright yellow, with a dotted blush on one side. The flesh is thick, orange. The stone is separated without problems, it is large and may be about 16% of the total mass of the fruit. The taste is sweet-sour, tasting score 4 points out of 5 possible. It contains about 14% solids, 8.3% sugar and 2% titrated acids.Interesting! In 300 g apricot contains the daily rate of provitamin A, necessary for the normal functioning of human organs and systems.
Characteristics of apricot varieties AleshaRead also these articles.
- Rabbits of breed Gray Giant
- Phytophthalosis of potatoes
- Chilli Cucumber
- Gooseberry variety Ural emerald
Apricot variety Alesha is intended for cultivation in central Russia. It is a good, promising crop, capable of producing good, high-quality yields under appropriate conditions.
- Apricot Alesha is a self-fertile variety. He does not need a pollinator for fruiting. Nevertheless, gardeners note that by cross-pollination with varieties Tsarsky, Lel or Iceberg, a more substantial harvest can be obtained.
- The grafted trees come into fruition for 3-4 years after inoculation.
The pulp is thick, orange
- Fruiting is observed on all types of shoots.
- Fruits of Alesha variety are suitable for transportation and have good commercial quality.
- Good resistance to kleasterspory and many other diseases. Aphids are usually not damaged.
- Winter hardiness is high.
- Productivity is good, about 43 kg / ha - it is about 50 kg / tree.
Features of planting a tree
The cultivation of Alesha apricots is carried out exclusively on well-lit areas. The land should be sandy or loamy. If you plant a tree just in sandy or clayey soil, the development of culture will slow down. Acidity suitable for wood is 7.0 pH.Interesting! You can plant apricot next to the building (house, gazebo, barn, garage). Thanks to this protection from the wind, at least on the one hand, it will be much easier for the tree to carry the winter cold. However, planting culture is not worth it on the north side of the house - it is usually cool there and the apricot can suffer from a lack of heat and light.
If several seedlings are planted, then between them it is necessary to leave a space of 3-4 meters so that the trees can grow normally without interfering with each other. Saplings with bare root system are planted from March to May, and with closed roots - at any convenient time, but preferably still in spring or early autumn.
After planting, the earth is compacted, the tree is watered
The pit for planting is prepared in 2 weeks. Its approximate dimensions are 1 meter in diameter and the same depth. The earth is dug out, a 10 cm layer of drainage is made on the bottom. The ground for planting is interfered with from the top layer of soil from the pit, 1-2 buckets of humus, superphosphate (100 g) and potassium salt (40 g). You can add wood ash (about a liter jar).
During planting, a slide from the harvested soil is piled on the drainage layer. A sapling is placed on it, the roots are laid out. After this, it is necessary to gradually fill the roots with earth. It is impossible to bury the root neck. It should rise above the ground by about 5 cm! After planting, the earth is compacted, the tree is watered. If the earth has settled, you can fill it up.
Apricot Care AleshaWe recommend reading our other articles.
- The best varieties of large plums
- Description of the variety of cabbage Rinda, planting and care in the open field
- Onion variety Stuttgarter Riesen
- Top dressing of winter wheat
Apricot varieties Alesha needs timely care. We can not allow long-term lack of irrigation or lack of trace elements in the soil, otherwise the yield and immunity of the tree will decrease - the culture will become defenseless against diseases and attacks of pests.
- Watering is carried out from time to time, about once every 1-2 weeks. Water pours so that the earth is thoroughly soaked. Do not overdo it with water, otherwise it will stagnate in the ground. This in turn can trigger the development of rot. Water should be separated in the sun, warm.
- After each watering, the ground near the roots is loosened if mulch is not used. Weeds must be uprooted and thrown away.
- Due to the thickened crown, the tree needs timely pruning. It is carried out 1-2 times a year. Krona is formed to be neat, but in addition, dry, damaged and diseased branches, as well as those that are affected by pests are removed.
Due to the thickened crown, the tree needs timely pruning
- Top dressing for the year are made several times. In early spring, you can make urea, before flowering - potash fertilizers. In the autumn, after the harvest has been harvested, the tree is fed with minerals (100 g of superphosphate, 70 g of potassium salt). They are scattered on the ground and buried in the ground during the digging of the root zone. Once in 3 years humus is added to the near-stem circle.
- Before the onset of winter frosts, it is necessary to prepare a tree. To begin with, sanitary pruning is carried out to ease the burden of the tree. It does not interfere with the treatment of pests, diseases (done in mid-autumn, when it is still warm). The last stage of preparation - mulching pristvolnogo circle. As a mulch it is better to choose peat. This is a soft and warm material that can not only protect the roots of the tree from freezing, but also serve as additional food in early spring when buds begin to blossom.
Harvesting and processing apricot crop
The fruits ripen around late July or early August. You can collect them immediately after ripening, it is better not to overdo it, they either start to dry on the tree, or fall from the wind. If it is necessary to use apricots for long-term transportation, they are harvested immature.
Use apricot Alesha for fresh use and processing (jam, compotes, jams, mashed potatoes)
Fruits varieties Alesha have a pleasant taste. Freshly picked apricots can be stored for about a week, then they quickly deteriorate. They are used for fresh consumption, processing (jam, compotes, jams, mashed potatoes). In addition, these apricots can be used for freezing and drying.
Gardeners reviews about apricot Alesha
Apricot Alesha is famous for universal use and simple care. Opinion gardeners on the variety can be read below.
- Peter Korovay: "Alyosha is a simple apricot variety, as for me. It can be grown for canning - jam, compotes, juices. You can’t sell these apricots on the market - they are too small, without a twist, compared to modern hybrids. So I advise apricot Alyosha is more like a pollinator for more valuable dessert varieties. "
- Natasha Ostapenko: “Alesha got the apricot along with my grandmother’s dacha. The tree is still young, but gives birth to a good one. Compared to neighboring apricots, I can say that the tree blooms well and pleases with large crops. I fertilize it 2 times a year - spring and autumn, in summer I try not to use chemicals and minerals. The main difficulty is to trim the extra branches in a timely manner. What can we say, one year of idle time and the crown is so thick that the crop cannot be harvested! So it’s better not to postpone this procedure for later! "
- Alexander Redisov: “My garden is small, but 3 apricots of the Alesha variety grow in it. This tree, though without any frills, deserves attention. The fruits are easy to transport, the variety is early, it matures quickly, the taste is not bad. There is always demand for such apricots for food, but for canning, they are bought up eagerly. For this reason, I recommend this variety to my acquaintances for planting. "