Among the varieties of tomatoes, bred by Dutch breeders, especially distinguished variety Gina. It is known for its high yield and pleasant fruit flavor. Gina Tomato can be grown under cover or in unprotected soil. This article presents a description of the variety and provides recommendations for planting and caring for the crop.
Gina variety description
Gina Tomato is a medium early, high-yielding variety. The fruits ripen on average for 115-120 days. Recommended for cultivation in the southern regions of Russia, Ukraine, Moldova and any warm countries. When cultivated in colder regions, it is worth planting it in greenhouses. Bush grows sprawling, in 3 stalks, 50-60 cm high, but in greenhouses it reaches 80 cm. The first brush is laid above 8 leaves, and then every 1-2 leaves.
Pulp is dense, fleshy, with a high content of juice
3-5 tomatoes grow in brushes. The fruits are large, weighing about 200 g. The shape is round, ribbing is weak. The skin is rich, red, durable. Pulp is dense, fleshy, with a high content of juice. The taste is sweet with a slight sourness.Important! Gardeners are often confused varieties Gina and Gina TST. But unlike the Dutch variety, Gina TST is a Russian hybrid tomato that ripens earlier (90-100 days). Its fruit is orange-red in color with fragile skin and less weight (about 150 g).
Tomato CharacteristicsRead also these articles.
- Flower Spathiphyllum (Female happiness)
- Strawberry varieties
- How to keep dill fresh for the winter
- The best grades of thick-walled sweet pepper
The positive and negative sides of Gina are represented in the characteristics of the tomato.
- The fruits are large, bright, presentation.
- Due to its thick skin and pulp, Gina's tomato can be transported over long distances.
- There is resistance to cracking when overripe or rainy summer.
Tomatoes grow in brushes of 3-5 things
- Masking can not hold.
- Pests spoil the bushes, if not in time to carry out preventive treatment.
- Immunity to fusarium wilt, verticillus, root rot is noted.
- Productivity is high, especially when grown in a greenhouse. For one season, 2-3 kg of tomatoes are harvested per season. Fruiting stretched.
- Harvested well stored, and rolled up fruits retain a pleasant taste for up to 3 months.
Features planting Gina tomatoes
This variety does not like shade, so a sunny, bright place is chosen for planting if planting is carried out in open ground. Growing this culture is recommended seedlings method. The time of sowing seeds for seedlings - the end of March. At a permanent place seedlings are planted only after the earth warms up.
Growing genie tomatoes is recommended by seedlings.
When planting thickened planting, the yield is greatly reduced, the bushes will develop slowly, so that the seedlings should be planted at a sufficient distance. Per square meter allowed no more than 5 seedlings! If the seedlings are not strong, you can plant 2 seedlings per well. And after about 1-2 weeks a strong sprout is left, and a weak one is removed.
Gina Tomato CareWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Moldova grape variety
- Fattening calves for meat
- Phalaenopsis Orchid
- Breeding quails as a business
Sort tomato Gina different unpretentious. It gives great yields, regardless of weather conditions.
- The plant is grown without a trellis and most gardeners do not even tie it up. But, since he has large fruits, during fruiting, support may be required so that the tomatoes do not lie directly on the ground.
- Watering is done once a day in the summer, during droughts or in extreme heat, and in spring and autumn you can do with 1 to 2-3 days watering.
- Weeding is necessary to prevent the earth from being crushed. They are made after watering or rain, if there is no mulch under the bushes.
- Mulching not only retains water in the ground, but also prevents the development of weeds and nourishes the land. For tomatoes, the best mulch will be plain hay.
- Top dressing in the open field is done for the first time 2 weeks after planting in a permanent place. After another 10 days, it is repeated. The third feeding is done 2 weeks after the second. The fourth feeding is done after another 40 days. Usually these feedings enough for the season. To use for fertilizing tomatoes can be organics, minerals, ready-made fertilizers.
Watering is done once a day.Important! In order to teach the maximum yield, it is necessary to feed the bushes with ash in the fruiting phase every 2 weeks.
- This variety is resistant to the main diseases of tomatoes, and if preventive treatments are done on time, the bushes will not hurt at all. But in case the signs of illness appear, it is possible to use such agents as Agat, Ridomil, Quadris, Acrobat, Fundazol for treatment.
- For aphids, wireworms, cedar beetles, grubs, and other pests, you can treat the bushes with Iskra, Karate, Fitoverm, or Proteus. If there are no insects yet, but they can appear, they make prophylaxis with folk remedies (treatment with ashes, for example).
Harvesting and processing
Gin tomatoes are harvested as the crop ripens. It’s not worth keeping them on plants for a long time, so as not to overripe. After harvesting, tomatoes can be sent for processing, food. For sale collect slightly unripe fruits.
The purpose of the harvest is universal. Juicy tomatoes are often allowed on summer salads or simply eaten fresh, straight from the garden. They are incredibly tasty, sweetish, wholesome. You can also use the crop for the preparation of winter preparations (salads, sauces, juice, borshchevye refueling).
Gin tomatoes are harvested as the crop maturesInteresting! In its entirety, a genie's tomato is usually not conserved because of rather large fruits. But it is possible, in banks they usually do not crack, since the skin of the Gina variety is durable, unlike the Tina hybrid Gina.
Reviews gardeners on a variety of tomatoes Gina
Tomato Gina is known to many gardeners. Reviews about him gardeners that have already tried the variety in cultivation, are presented below.
- Maxim Gorb: I like the variety of tomatoes Gina and the whole family for the sweet taste and dense rind. Our cottage is far from the city, so during transportation the fruits of many types of tomatoes crumple and deteriorate, but not this one. The crop arrives home without damage. We use it for making juice, we eat fresh, but we didn’t try to preserve the whole ones, as the tomatoes are quite large, for this purpose we usually choose “cream.” There are no particular complaints about growing, plants are rarely sick, there are almost no problems with this, for prevention we spend 1 -2 prophylactic x treatments from ailments and insects, and this is quite enough. "
- Valentin Krivoguz: “I grow Gina tomato through seedlings, and only in greenhouses. Yield is excellent, I sell fruits and only leave for myself to eat. The taste is good, sweet, if you make enough dressings and provide quality care. I noticed that the culture is sick less often, so that the hay is laid out between the bushes immediately after planting. "
- Natalya Boyarova: “For several years I have been planting a Gina variety on a plot. I grow it in the open field. Care is not difficult, as it does for other tomatoes. plants, so that they have the strength to continue fruiting. I harvest the crop in batches. Tomatoes of this variety and canned food and snacks are excellent! "