Potatoes Tuleyevsky - relatively young variety. Bred by Russian breeders and in 2007 introduced into the State Register of Russia. The variety is suitable for growing in small and large areas, as well as for industrial purposes. It has good characteristics, for which it is valued by farmers not only in Russia, but also abroad.
Description varieties Tuleyevsky
Tuley potato belongs to mid-season varieties. From the day of planting and until the harvesting of tubers, an average of 80-100 days passes. Bushes grow small, 35-55 cm in height, tend upwards, especially do not fall apart and do not fall to the ground. The foliage is saturated green. The buds are white, large.
White buds, large
Tubers weighing 120-270 g, but there are champions under 0.5 kg. Under each bush, 10-14 potatoes ripen under proper conditions. The color of the potato skin is beige with a fine mesh, and the flesh is white or yellowish. Root crops are round, oblong with small eyes.
Characteristics of potato TuleyevskyRead also these articles.
- Watermelon variety Sugar Kid
- Pepper Swallow
- Growing watermelons in the open ground
- Radish Celeste F1
Like many other varieties, potatoes Tuleyevsky has its own unique characteristics.
- Culture resistant to drought, lower temperatures. It grows in all weather conditions.
- Commercial quality, transportable, tolerates mechanical damage without any problems.
- Resistance to viral diseases at an average level, and rot and shrubs and tubers do not get sick at all.
- Culture is often affected by the nematode.
Productivity 180-300 c / ha
- Productivity is 180-300 centners per hectare.
- When stored in a simple basement, safety reaches 90%.
- The taste is excellent, table. In the composition of 14-17% starch.
- Root crops grow dense, beautiful, but, with a lack of boron, voids can form in the pulp.
Features of planting potatoes
Under each bush, 10-14 potatoes ripen under proper conditions.
Planting potatoes of this variety is carried out only on a sunny plot. The earth is dug up beforehand, loosened, weeds and their roots are removed so as not to interfere with the growth of the crop. It is important to ensure that the ground was fluffy, loose - this is the main rule for obtaining a large crop of root crops.
Approximately 30 days before planting, the tubers are laid out in the light, in shallow boxes or basins. The room should be approximately +17 degrees Celsius. During this time, the potatoes will turn green, and small sprouts will appear on it. And as a preventive measure for diseases, it is possible one day before planting to spray tubers with a solution of copper sulfate (1 tsp. To 3 liters of water).Interesting! The best predecessors for potatoes are cabbage, canola, white mustard, oilseed radish, legumes.
Planting potatoes of this variety is carried out only on a sunny plot
The holes are made at a distance of 35 cm on average, the aisle is 60-90 cm. The pits should not be deep. Before laying the potatoes need to water them and add a handful of wood ash. Only then can the tubers be laid and covered with earth.
Caring for a variety TuleyevskyWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Feed for pigs
- Covering material for beds
- Vietnamese melon
In the care culture is unpretentious, but time and effort still have to invest to get a big harvest.
- Watering potatoes stands in between the rows. Water contributes a lot, but so that it does not stagnate. But it is better not to carry out sprinkling - there is usually enough natural rainfall for potatoes.
- Removing weeds allows you to get a better crop of potatoes. Weed out during weeding between the rows. However, if the plantation is large, you can use herbicides from weeds. Such varieties as "Rainbow", "Buran Super", "Hurricane Forte" or "Thunderstorm", divorced according to the instructions, will not harm the potato and will not spoil its taste.
Hilling is done 3 times.
- Hilling is done 3 times. The first is done as soon as the first sprouts appear. The second must be done before budding, and the third - if the bush begins to fall apart.
- A few days after the appearance of peduncles, they should be cut off, although the procedure is not mandatory. The breaking of the flowers is only in gloves! Hands should be moistened periodically in a solution of potassium permanganate to disinfect the location of the inflorescences.
- Fertilizers should be made those that are not enough potatoes - extra fertilizing can harm. In the event of nitrogen deficiency, the leaves of the culture will be thin and small. Curly, pale leaves indicate a lack of phosphorus. If the leaves have become narrow, pale and reach for the sky - you need to make potassium. And in case of a lack of magnesium, the lower leaves will be covered with brown spots. The last feeding is done no later than a month before harvesting!
From pests it is recommended to use such drugs as "Mospilan", "Aktara", "Karate Zeon"Interesting! Ash and potash fertilizers improve the taste of potatoes.
Diseases and pests of Tuleevsky variety
From pests that often settle on the bushes of potatoes, including the Colorado potato beetle, it is recommended to use such drugs as "Mospilan", "Aktara", "Karate Zeon". As a rule, from pests do 2 treatments with a break of 2-3 weeks.
If there are signs of disease, you must respond immediately. Among the potent drugs, Metaxil, Acrobat, Sectin Phenomenon and Metamil MC are popular.
If there are signs of disease, you can use the drugs "Metaxil", "Acrobat", "Sectin Phenomenon" and "Metamil MC"
Storage and use of the crop
1-2 weeks before harvesting the tops must be mowed and burned. Burning allows you to destroy the larvae of beetles, and already adult pests that can be found on the leaves, and prevent the spread of disease (if any). After a specified time, you can dig potatoes. At first it is simply removed from the ground and laid out on the surface - it should be a little dry. And only after that, you can remove the potatoes for storage.Interesting! To identify bad potatoes from the harvest, you can put the tubers in a warm room for 14 days. During this time, the damaged potatoes begin to rot, deteriorate and can be removed.
It is very easy to peel potatoes Tuleyevsky manually or mechanically due to the fact that the eyes are very small. Use is universal. This potato is good in frying, boiling, baking.
First, the potatoes are dug out of the ground and laid out to dry
Reviews gardeners about potato varieties Tuleevsky
The gardeners that they have already tried to grow Tuleyevsky potatoes speak about him both positively and negatively.
- Pavel Boyko: “It grew potatoes for two years in a row. It gives great harvests and is unpretentious in terms of care. But it has a huge drawback - it is affected by a nematode. It suffers more than half of the crop. Of course, I partially save the crop with different treatments, but unfortunately a lot of tubers go to the garbage. So this year I will try a nematode-resistant variety, and then I will choose which is more profitable. "
- Marina Zinitsina: “The Tuleyevsky potato variety, in comparison with many other varieties, yields larger yields with less impact. I rarely fertilize it, I water it too. The only thing that costs a lot of effort is processing from pests. I destroy the Colorado potato beetle by hand, and from nematodes only insecticide and save the harvest. But, in general, the variety is good! ".
- Elena Zhuravel: “I plant Tuleevsky potatoes along with the Crohn and Timo varieties. The ripening terms are slightly different, but in terms of yields, they are all excellent. I’ve done the processing, watering, feeding according to one scheme for everyone. I didn’t notice serious problems with pests, as well as diseases, so I can confidently recommend this variety both for young gardeners and for experienced ones. It pays back works in full and the harvest is well preserved! "