All over the world, eggs and quail meat are valued for their high nutritional value and abundant nutrients. This bird is quite easy to grow, but it is through an incubator that it is most often bred at home. An incubator for quails can be bought by choosing the type that is suitable for specific needs. And experienced farmers often make incubators with their own hands, because it is not difficult and the quality of the device is not worse than the purchased one.
The quail egg incubator is a sealed box with insulating materials inside, ventilation, heating and a compartment for folding eggs. Devices for incubating eggs may vary depending on features, functions.
Photo of a newborn quail in an incubator
- There are incubators with manual egg turning and automatic.
- The mode of operation in some structures during the incubation is constantly corrected manually, and there are also fully automated models, where all the necessary parameters are set in advance, after the laying of eggs.
- On sale there are models with an additional battery and without it.
- Incubators also differ in size, number of eggs laid, capacity, price and many other indicators.
The best models for quail incubatorsRead also these articles.
- Bee pollen
- What to feed the lambs
- Bougainvillea - varieties, care, breeding
- How to plant gooseberry spring seedlings
Among the rich variety of incubators for quail, it is worthwhile to single out only a few of the most popular models.
Photo incubator for quail "Lay-36-EA nn37"
- "Layer-36-EA n / n37" - a device for 36 eggs, power 36 watts. Dimensions - 670х340х310 mm. The temperature inside the device is regulated in the range of + 33 ... + 45 ° C. The incubator has an automatic egg rotation, a digital thermometer, a light diode and a viewing window. The main drawback is that there is no electronic humidity controller, water trays, and the egg net is purchased separately. Cost - 3600 rubles.
Photo incubator for quail "BLITZ 48"
- "BLITZ 48" - a device for 130 eggs, with a capacity of 50 watts. Dimensions - 530x350x310 mm. The temperature inside is regulated within 30 ... 40 ° C. The device has an automatic egg rotation, two trays with water, a fan, an audible alarm, a humidity controller. The body is made of durable material. In addition, there is a built-in battery. But, the tray for eggs must be purchased separately. Cost - 8990 rubles.
Photo incubator for quail "BLITZ 120"
- "Blitz 120" - an incubator for 330 quail eggs, with a capacity of 140 watts. Dimensions - 700x350x350 mm. Temperature - 30 ... 40 ° C. The device is made of durable case, has automatic tray rotation. Included are 4 trays for water, fan, battery. There is also an alarm, display and programming system. Cost - 17990 rubles. Trays for eggs are bought separately.
Photo incubator for quail "TGB-140 AR BIO"
- "TGB-140 AR BIO" - a device for 200 eggs, 118 watts. Dimensions - 600x600x600 mm. The temperature is regulated within 36 ... 39 ° C. The device has automatic egg rotation, two egg grids, humidity control, three fans and a digital thermostat. Cost - 15700 rubles.
Incubator for quail do it yourself
Making an incubator for quails with your own hands at home is not difficult. To do this, you can use a variety of materials, from the old refrigerator to a cardboard box or a wooden box. The main thing is that the materials are durable, reliable, otherwise the device will not last long.
Wooden box incubator
In this embodiment, you will need to find a small box made of wood. It is better not to take plywood or chipboard, because as they heat up, they will release harmful resins that are dangerous to humans, animals and birds, including. You will also need foam sheets, mesh for eggs, incandescent bulbs.
Inside the box is made of insulation sheets of foam. If it is small, then foam sheets can be placed not inside, but outside. Sheath foam only the walls of the box. Holes for ventilation with a diameter of 1 cm are drilled in the bottom of the wooden box. It is enough to make up to 5 such holes. A viewing window is cut into the lid. Glass is inserted into it so that it is convenient to look at the eggs through it.
Scheme incubator for quail from a wooden box
On the opposite walls of the box, closer to the top cover, mounted sockets for incandescent bulbs. They are posted to. Light bulbs is desirable to try out immediately. If the box is large, the lamps are installed in 4 corners, if small, then two light bulbs on opposite walls will suffice. Incubator bulbs take 15 watts each.
At a height of 10 cm from the bottom of the box, a tray is fixed — a grid on which eggs can easily be placed without falling down. It is important to ensure that the tray is at a distance of 15-20 cm from the lamps!
Everything, the design is ready. Inside you need to put a hygrometer and a thermometer to measure humidity and temperature. If it is too hot, the incubator is aerated; if it is cold, close. Humidity is increased by spraying eggs. Alternatively, you can at the bottom of the box, under the eggs put a saucer with water.Important! To measure the temperature in a homemade incubator, use a simple medical thermometer. It is placed next to the eggs, but so that the device itself does not touch the eggs, and after 5 minutes you can check the indicators.
Incubator for quails from a bucket
This type of incubator is suitable for laying a small number of eggs. You will need a plastic bucket, a drill, a lid for the bucket, an incandescent lamp, a grid for placing eggs.
The scheme of a small-sized incubator for quails from a bucket
A window is cut through the lid of the bucket. It should be of such size that the lamp fits in it. The lamp is installed in this window so that it does not stagger and fall. An egg net is mounted in the middle of the bucket. It can be put on a homemade wooden or plastic, foam frame, for example.
At a distance of 7-8 cm from the bottom of the bucket, several holes with a diameter of 1 cm are drilled. In order to increase the humidity in the bucket, some water is poured into the bottom. Now you can lay the eggs on the grid, turn on the lamp and from time to time check the temperature, humidity in the bucket so that the eggs are not very hot and not cold.
Incubator from the refrigerator
This type of incubator is suitable if you need to breed birds in large quantities at home. Use the old, unnecessary refrigerator. You will also need 3 trays for eggs, a thermostat, a fan, 6 light bulbs (100 W each), a water tray, a drill.
Scheme and incubator and for quail from the fridge
The freezer is first dismantled, if available. In the lid and in the bottom of the refrigerator, 4 holes are drilled for ventilation, 1 cm in diameter. A fan is mounted on the upper wall of the refrigerator. On the top cover the thermostat is placed. On the side walls are installed light bulbs. On top of them should be 4 pcs., And below - 2 pcs. They need to connect, check, connect to the thermostat.
Inside the refrigerator hung sensors of humidity, temperature. In the fridge put trays for eggs instead of shelves. At the bottom of the refrigerator set tray with water. If desired, a viewing window is made in the refrigerator door and is closed with glass. If the refrigerator is blown, it can be sheathed with foam inside.
How to display quail in the incubator at homeWe recommend reading our other articles.
- How to care for grapes?
- Quail Pharaoh
- How many days does the chicken incubate eggs?
- Breed description Manchurian quail
At home, bring quail is not difficult. The incubator can be used purchased or made by hand. Quail eggs develop in an incubator for 17 days. Before quailing in an incubator, preparatory procedures are carried out - preparing eggs, cleaning the incubator. For incubation, whole, medium-sized eggs are taken. They must be fresh, without flaws. Before use, it is advisable to check them with an ovoscope to ensure that they are fertilized.
Eggs are laid in an incubator and labeled with a marker on one side - this is a guideline so that it is clear which way to turn them as they incubate. After turning on the incubator, the first 2 days do not touch the eggs at all. The temperature inside is maintained approximately within + 37 ... +38 ° C. Humidity optimal for breeding young animals - 60-70%.
From 3 to 15 days, eggs constantly turn over - every 2 hours. This is done to ensure that the embryo does not stick to the shell. 2 days before hatching of chicks, it is necessary to increase the humidity of the air up to 90%. It is very easy to make - from time to time the eggs are simply sprayed with water. After the chicks were born, they are kept in the incubator for another day or immediately transplanted into a brooder. It is important in a brooder to keep the temperature around + 38 ° C on the first day of chick life, then they will quickly get used to the environment and become mobile.